Achieving Global Affordable Onboard Connectivity to Enhance Passenger and Crew Experience
Onboard Connectivity Summit Webinar Event
01/07/2021 // 16:00 CEST
- Lukas Bucher, Head of Product Connectivity, Lufthansa Technik
- Martin Mürk, Chief Information Officer, Tallink Group
- Plus more tbc
Ahead of the launch edition of Onboard Connectivity Summit 2021 (taking place in Bremen, Germany, November 2021), here’s an opportunity to hear from some of our the experts speaking as they take an exploration into a key aspect of the 2021 conference agenda.
Global coverage is one of the key requirements from ship operators and airlines in order implement applications such as onboard connectivity, in-flight connectivity (IFC) and in-flight entertainment (IFE) for passengers and crew. Aside from providing the option for entertainment, it will assist crew with predictive maintenance and fleet management as well as healthcare and emergency services onboard a vessel or aircraft.
Currently, connectivity comes at a high price. While there is no guaranteed global coverage and as terminals and connectivity subscriptions remain expensive, the aforementioned applications will be hard to achieve. As more LEO constellations become operational and the market is maturing, how can they transform the aviation and maritime industries? And what role will future terminals play?
This webinar brings together key players who will share their expertise on how onboard connectivity is moving forward and what the key next steps would be for implementation for maritime/aviation end-users, satellite operators and service / technology providers alike.
- The price of satellite connectivity – with the arrival of HTS and VHTS satellites and new terminals, how will this become more affordable for end-users?
- Which technological developments will help bring down the cost of onboard connectivity?
- What role will LEO and hybrid networks play in future global connectivity solutions?
Secure your place on Achieving Global Affordable Onboard Connectivity to Enhance Passenger and Crew Experience, a webinar running in advance of the full conference event, using this sign up form.